Flint Promise is a scholarship program for graduates of high schools located in the city of Flint. By covering the cost of tuition after federal grants and other scholarships have been applied, Flint Promise allows eligible students to attend participating colleges for little to no cost. In doing so, the scholarship program provides increased access to higher education for Flint’s young people and represents a continuous investment in the city’s future.
Students are encouraged to complete their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), which is a requirement of the Flint Promise application.
Eligible high schools and GED programs:
- Accelerated Learning Academy
- Flint Northwestern High School
- Flint Southwestern Classical Academy
- Flint/Genesee Job Corps
- Gateway to College – Mott Community College
- Genesee Early College
- International Academy of Flint
- Michigan School for the Deaf
- Mott Middle College
- Powers Catholic High School
- WAY Academy